How to Integrate Amazon to Shopify
When it comes to eCommerce, Amazon is unmatched in reach and popularity. Customers around the world, young and old, instantly recognize the “smiling” arrow logo on their much-anticipated delivery boxes.
So, how can eCommerce entrepreneurs take advantage of this visibility and expand their presence to billions of new, eager shoppers? Today, we’ll discuss how to integrate Amazon to Shopify and do just that.
Why Integrate Amazon With a Shopify Store?
Each month, hundreds of millions of customers shop on Amazon - more than any other retail property in the United States. Customers trust the well-established site and are more than comfortable making purchases from the platform - sometimes without thinking twice about it. Plus, Amazon’s search algorithm quickly connects shoppers with new retailers, ones they may not have found through other search engine results.
By integrating a Shopify store with Amazon, entrepreneurs can take advantage of this huge customer base, reaching more willing shoppers than ever before. Plus, the branded Shopify store will still remain as a personalized landing page for interested customers. By integrating Amazon with Shopify, entrepreneurs take advantage of the best of both platforms.
How to Integrate Amazon to Shopify?
Before getting started, you’ll need these three items:
- A published Shopify store
- A professional Amazon seller account (you can easily create one for $39.99 per month from Amazon’s drop-down menu)
- Product(s) with UPC barcodes (US) or EAN barcodes (EU)
Then, follow these simple steps to integrate your Shopify store with Amazon:
- Log in to your Shopify dashboard.
- Navigate to the Sales Channels tab and click the Add (+) button.
- Select the Amazon sales channel.
- Follow the prompts to connect your Amazon seller account to your Shopify account.
- Choose Create Listing and select the product(s) from your store that you want to list on Amazon.
- Select Create Listing (for items made by your brand) or Find A Product (for items made by another brand.)
- Complete the product/variant details information.
- Click Publish. The item will be listed as “Pending” before Amazon approves and lists it.
Once the Amazon sales channel is activated, orders placed through Amazon automatically sync with your Shopify dashboard. However, be patient as data syncing could take up to 30 minutes. Moreover, the Shopify/Amazon integration allows business owners to handle most tasks right from their Shopify dashboard, including:
- Amazon sales channel activation
- Listings, products, and offers creation
- Order fulfillment
- Refund processing
- Inventory management
However, the following task items need to be completed from the Amazon Seller Central:
- Listing of shipping rates
- Requesting product category approval
- Payment set-up
- Amazon email notification settings
- Tax rates
- Amazon customer message receival
Multi-Channel Commerce: Another Way To Elevate Modern Business
In these competitive times, eCommerce cannot be left to chance. By integrating Shopify with Amazon, entrepreneurs can reach new levels of visibility. Multi-channel commerce provides more shoppers with the opportunity to turn into customers. Facilitate company growth and profitability with a strategic Shopify/Amazon integration.
If you have more questions about integrating a Shopify store with Amazon, feel free to reach out to our expert consultants. We're standing by to help you reach eCommerce success.